Last update 13 January 2017
University of the Third Age
Registered Charity No. 1053049
The U3A is a national charity operating as the Third Age Trust, with headquarters in London and branches throughout the U.K. The local branch is centred on the Haslemere Hall in Surrey, England.
The organisation exists for social events and adult learning.
Daytime classes are offered in a variety of subjects; tutors are
volunteers and most of our members are retired.
Subscriptions simply cover costs.
THERE ARE NO EXAMS!!
|Search the Haslemere U3A pages here:||
With great sadness we mourn the loss of three of our leaders. We extend our sympathy and condolences to their families and friends.
- Steve Cooke, leader of Mah Jong group died on the 11th of December.
- Robin Jones, leader of Duplicate Bridge died on the 26th of December.
- Moira Hickling, leader of Reading from Shakespeare died on the 29th of December.
We remember them with gratitude.
Always check the Recent updates page!
The U3A year starts in September.
The fee for joining after 1st April includes the following U3A year.
To become a member please contact the membership secretary Margaret Mowatt (01428 652338).
The New Membership Application form in PDF format (see notes) can be downloaded here (98 KBytes).
New committee members would be welcome. Please contact any committee member.
Each group class costs up to £3.00, payable at the time.
For some groups there may be an extra fee to cover special costs;
some groups held in private venues may be free.
Visitors may attend group meetings for the appropriate fee.
After two visits in a year the visitor must become a U3A member to continue attending.
Dates for your diary
Generally no classes on Bank Holidays.
Dates for the rest of the academic year 2016 - 17 are as follows:
Spring term 2017: Monday 9th January - Saturday 1st April
Summer term 2017: Monday 24th April - Saturday 1st July
To help you plan your activities a Monthly Activity Calendar is available to see which classes are on which days. A Link for each class takes you to a page with more details. Click here for the calendar.
- PDF (Portable Document Format) documents can be opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader (very large download)
or Foxit Reader (smaller download). Foxit reader should be able to open almost any PDF file.
Foxit reader can be downloaded here.
Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded here: here.
Generally pdf's will open in a new browser tab.
- You may join as many Groups as you wish, vacancies (and your time) permitting. Please contact the Groups Coordinator in the first instance (see committee members page for contact details).
- Generally no meetings on Bank Holidays
- Dates are occasionally subject to variation, at the Group Leaders discretion.
See the Group programme pages and Recent updates for latest information.
- All phone numbers are code 01428 unless shown.
Webmaster Seb WelfordWebsite Hit Counter